Try your hand at these quick and easy Valentine’s Day cookies.
Share the love of Valentine’s Day (and the love of sweets!) with these heart-shaped cookies! Not only are they easy to make, but are bound to impress your other half to sweeten him or her up to enjoy the romantic holiday. Check out the recipe below.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, and baking soda. Pulse a few times to mix.
- Add butter, 1 tablespoon water, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Pulse until ingredients come together. If the dough seems dry, add the remaining tablespoon of water.
- Dump dough out and divide in half.
- Put each portion in between 2 large sheets of floured parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll dough until it is 1/4-inch thick.
- Use an assortment of heart cookie cutters to cut out heart-shaped cookies. Gather up scraps and re-roll to cut out more cookies.
- Place cookies on prepared cookie sheets about 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges. Start watching cookies at 7 minutes to make sure you don’t overbake them.
- Cool cookies completely then use your favorite cookie icings and decor.